University Based Courses
Florida International University (present)
- EVR 5332: Integrated Solutions for Water in Environment and Development (offered Spring semester)
- EVR Graduate Seminar (Fall 2017)
- EVR 5907 Independent Study
- EVR 4941 Tropical Conservation Internship
Special Field Courses
- Experimental Design and Field Techniques for Biodiversity Conservation Research in the Colombian Amazon (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Ecology and Conservation of Tropical Rivers - Organization for Tropical Studies (2011, 2013)
Training and Professional Development Courses*
Participatory Methods for Identifying Strengths and Assets for River Basin Management. Veracruz, Mexico (2017). In collaboration with Global Water Watch Mexico.
Designing, Building, and Implementing Low Cost Solutions for Environmental Monitoring in the Mara River Basin; Musoma, Tanzania (2016). In collaboration with the Tanzanian Ministry of Water.
- An Introduction to Environmental Flow Assessment - Bogotá, Colombia (2014); Quito, Ecuador (2009); Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (2007)
- Forest Inventory Methods for Carbon/REDD projects - Peru (2009)
- Participatory Water Quality Monitoring - Ecuador (2007)
- Management, Conservation and Restoration of Wetlands - Costa Rica (2005, 2006)
*These courses are typically oriented to conservation practicioners or natural resource managers.